Veterinarians are in the unique position of being educated to protect
the health of both animals and people. They are not only educated
to provide the health care of pets, livestock as well as zoo, exotic,
competition and laboratory animals but they play an important role
in environmental protection, food safety and public health.
Employment opportunities for veterinarians are
numerous and include private or corporate clinical practice, teaching
and research, regulatory medicine, public health, and military service.
In the following section you will find a selection
of Job opportunities, which are regularly updated.
|Job type :
|Exp. date :
||Thursday, 31 May 2018
|Company / organisation :
|| Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) The Netherlands
|Job description :
||Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) is looking for veterinarians to strengthen its team. Interested?
We have many openings in regions across the country, with guaranteed opportunities in the north/east. Suitable candidates are invited to apply.
The NVWA monitors food safety and animal welfare in the Netherlands. Your main responsibility as a supervising veterinarian is to protect both animals and humans by ensuring that the slaughter process complies with regulations.
From the moment animals arrive at the slaughterhouse, you will follow every step of the slaughter process closely. Did the animals survive transport? Are they healthy? This challenging role comes with responsibility, and you will focus on making a real difference when it comes to animal welfare at small, medium, and large slaughterhouses (red meat and poultry).
Besides checking carcasses to guarantee meat quality, you will also ensure all operations are carried out hygienically and in accordance with laws, regulations, and guidelines. If necessary, you will take appropriate measures to rectify any compliance issues. You will also travel to primary companies, export collections centres, and cold stores for certification activities.
- You are a legally qualified veterinarian and your diploma is recognised by the Dutch Veterinary Register, in compliance with the relevant European Directive.
- Experience as a veterinarian or within the sector is preferred, however recent graduates are welcome to apply.
- You speak and write English fluently.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to quickly learn Dutch.
- You display strong business acumen; you prioritise effectively and make decisions quickly when necessary.
- You consistently embody the NVWA's mission and values.
- You are self-confident and perform well under pressure.
- You have a valid driving license.
- You are willing to relocate to the Netherlands.
Applicants from the Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany can email their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information call (+31) (088) 223 33 33.
||Sylvia Bannier- Strik
(+31) (088) 223 33 33