Veterinarians across Europe look forward to work and collaborate with EU Institutions and all the relevant stakeholders to:
- Acknowledge the efforts and outcomes achieved so far by the agri-food sector to further improve the sustainability of the EU food systems;
- Further set up and align to common metrics when it comes to GHG emissions, agricultural and farming practices, circular economy and animal health & welfare standards;
- Further set up common and measurable targets to help and assist the agricultural sectors in the transition towards the F2F objectives;
- Further set up subsidies/taxation policies to move towards a balanced approach assisting farmers, fishermen and aquaculture producers.
- Support policymakers to raise awareness and communicate to consumers the value of products from sustainable food systems.FVE position paper