Welcome to an introduction of The Federation of Veterinarians of Europe (FVE) for all of our new members and other interested people.
Founded in 1975, FVE represents 48 national associations and veterinary organisations from 40 European countries. The European veterinary profession, embodied by FVE, strives to enhance animal health, animal welfare, public health and the protection of the environment by promoting the veterinary profession.
FVE includes four sections, each representing a key group in the veterinary profession: EASVO (State Veterinary Officers), EVERI (European Veterinarians in Education, Research and Industry), UEVH (Hygienists and Public Health Veterinarians), UEVP (Practising Veterinarians).
FVE’s aim is to:
– Bring our members together and give them one strong voice
– Look after the interests of Europe’s Veterinarians
– Provide information to our members
– Develop the best standards for Veterinary profession
– Enhance the quality of Veterinary training
– Promote the importance of Veterinary profession
For anyone who wants to understand more about the structure and work of our organization, we have prepared a downloadable ”starter pack” below.